Friday, January 20, 2012

ten little things.

1. Pinterest is amazing in many different ways. It sparks your creativity even when you don't think you have any (thaaaat's me!). Buuuuuut it has put these expectations of this really awesome home in my head. My future home. Like this bedroom. Seriously...how can I re-create that? Someone tell me!
Source: hgtv.com via Kaitlyn on Pinterest


2. Speaking of pinterest and how it sparks your creativity, I think at least once a day about how I need to dig through my huge crocheting bin. My Grandpa gave us all of my Grandmother's yarn after she passed away because he knew I had picked up crocheting. I started work on a scarf a few months ago, and really want to pick it up again. And other projects that have nothing to do with yarn or crocheting needles. Seriously...I'm not artsy at all, but I just feel like I want to BE more artsy. I've had semi-large canvasses sitting in my closet for years and have never done anything with them. I want to make stencils, paint something on them, and hang it on my wall. For reals!


 3. My great friend Michael and I headed out semi-early this morning and hit up a bunch of thrift stores. She knows where all of the really great ones are, and she's definitely got the art of thrifting down to a science. She was giving me tips all morning. We had so much fun!

There's a mercantile store nearby that we made a stop at. It's the oldest building in the town and they have some of the greatest antiques. Old signs, glasses, bowls, books. I wanted to buy up the whole store. Seriously. This brings be back to that whole future home thing. There WILL be old books and dishes in my house, no doubt about it. That means I have to move somewhere with some really stinkin' awesome thrift stores.


4. Let's talk about farmers markets. Don't you just love them? Yeah, me too.
After the mercantile shop today, we went to the the farmers market down the road. Green, orange, red, yellow. Fresh...aaaaaall fresh! Now, THAT'S what I'm talking about. It was like a breath of fresh air after the real southern barbeque I had just eaten. Counterproductive? Most likely.

5. Today I went on a run that made me want to keel over and die. Everything about it that could have gone wrong...well, it went way wrong. Like the fact that I realized, after I had started my run, that I didn't put a sports bra on (I sure hope only girls are reading this post, because it's about to get all TMI up in here), but I kept running anyway. Like a champ. So I ran inside as I was running by my house and took care of THAT problem, but then when I started back up again I started burping up my real southern barbeque lunch. That's where the keeling over part comes in. My stomach started cramping, I felt like I was going to barf, and my head felt like it was going to explode. So then I gave up on that one and quit it. I learned my lesson. I'll drinks my waters, eats my vegetables, and succeeds.

6. As some of you may know, I have a pet peeve (who doesn't?). I wrote a little bit about it here. Well, the unthinkable happened this week. I was walking Trinity near that same empty lot, and I see a man coming up on the corner with a big dog. He stopped, I stopped, Trinity is sniffing...completely oblivious to the fact that there is another dog there, and that man turned back around and walked away. Smart man. Us big dog owners get each other. We see another dog, and we KNOW to turn around. Those frou frou dog owners don't get it. They can pick their little bowed up dog in their arms and keep walking. Meanwhile, my dog is trying to amputate my arm. I wanted to run up and give that man a hug for his kindness and understanding. Instead, I turned around and smiled.
7. Camp has been on the mind. There's something about this time of year that just reminds me of camp. This is the time that I have sent in my applications the past three years, so it's just weird to not be doing that this year. I know that my summer camp days are over and I'm totally okay with that. That doesn't mean I won't miss it. Camp is this undeniable force in ones life, and it's impossible to not long for it after you've been.

8. Today is my Mom and Step-Dad's 5th anniversary. I can't believe it's been so long. A lot has changed since then, and I'm so grateful they found each other. Brad's a pretty awesome guy.

9. Remember how I said that I wanted to plan a concert? Well, it's happening folks! Jason Gray is coming to play some music in August of this year. I'm so excited about this! I've got great feelings about this event.

10. I needs me a haircut. I'm not a snob about diddly squat, but I have to admit that I'm a haircut snob. A good haircut is about the only thing I'll dish out a lot of money on. And I ain't gots no money. So, until then, I'll be hanging out here with my split ends.

Whew! This took me for-ever to get done. Two hours...say what?!

Anyway, Happy Friday...night!

I'm linking up with Elizabeth at E Tells Tales on this post.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Canvasses you've done nothing with?! I'm not a painter, and I don't think even I could leave those sitting for very long. Maybe the proper combination of inspiration and motivation will strike soon.

    2. I feel you on the haircut. The last time mine was snipped was in April. I'm getting kinda wild.

    3.I heart old things, especially books.

    4. I'm a fan of the gratuitous S's in this post.

    5. I'm also a fan of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The canvasses were a gift from my aunt probably 6 or 7 years ago. Seriously! I painted a little bit with the smaller ones, but I think I'm just too afraid of the big ones. I don't want to screw them up! I should search for some nifty stencil ideas (that I can make) on pinterest.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

comments make me smile. :)