Thursday, March 1, 2012

thursday night ramblings.

Please note: Ramblings is in the title for a reason. I have no idea where this post is going to end up going. 

1. Today was intense. When I say intense, I mean intense. My planner showed next to no homework for most of the week...until yesterday when I entered in all of the math problems that I had to do to study for my math test next Tuesday. Then I started to panic. Then I realized that I have a paper due on Monday for my Communications class that I hadn't started on yet. And I had accounting homework to do. It was like everything just piled on top of everything yesterday. It had me going all day long until about 8:45. Let me just mention that I had class at 8:00 this morning. You do the math. 

2. On top of this crazy day that I just had, I barely slept a wink last night. We turned the AC off last night, so my room was super stuffy. Then there was the looming list of things I had to do hanging over my head, an itchy throat, AND I was super thirsty all night long. My word...I think I slept for maybe 5 hours all night. 

3. I cheated on my fast and broke down today and bought a cup of coffee from Starbucks. I wouldn't have, but I felt like I was going to fall over after I got out of my algebra class. I don't feel guilty about it at all. I've done well other than today, and it probably won't happen again. 

4. Spring Break starts two weeks from today. From the looks what I've already written here you'd probably assume that I can't wait another second. You'd assume correctly. 

5. When Spring Break is underway, I would appreciate if there were no questions about how school is going, what my plans are, and how math is treating me. Thank you ahead of time. 

6. I went for a run yesterday. It was a good one. I ran for 25 minutes straight (two and a half miles), and lived to tell the tale. I am running my 5k on March 10th. That's NEXT WEEKEND!

7. Uhm...just in case you weren't aware, it is March 1st. What the heck? How did that happen? That means I'll be 22 one month from tomorrow. Yikes! That also means today marked the first day of Spring, right? It feels like summer here already. 

8. Speaking of summer, this one coming up here in a few months will be my first that I've spent at home in three years. I am content with that fact. 

9. I saw this video yesterday and loved it! Two years working on a project. Incredible! It kind of makes me want to explore NYC again. You know, now that I'm no longer a frightened 4th grader.

10. It's time for me to go to bed. If I ramble on any longer you won't want to read my blog ever again. ;-)

Over and out.

11 comments:

  1. Number 5 is my favorite.

    Regarding number six, you're awesome. Awesomer than me. But I walked to go pay the electric bill today. Does that count for something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that #5 is your favorite. I was a little worried about how that one would come across, but now that I read it again I don't really care. Sometimes you've just got to let it be known.

      I'm not that awesome. I've been terrible with keep up with my training schedule, so I'm probably pushing myself more now than I should, but thank you! and yes! It does count for something. I'd walk to more places around here if I could.

      Delete
  2. 1. I like it when you ramble.

    2. Two weeks? Sherri's spring break is next week. Florida colleges are weird.

    3. Remember when we went to Disney while you were on spring break? That was awesome.

    4. You totally shouldn't feel bad about cheating. I did the same yesterday (for that very reason) and it was worth it. Tomorrow is a new day! I think we learn more from "failing" at Lent than we do keeping it.

    5. Good night. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother's spring break is next week. Technically, since he has no Friday classes, he's on spring break now. And he's pretty happy about it.

      Delete
    2. 1. At least someone does. ;-)

      2. Yes, two weeks. My friends from Minnesota have their spring break next week, too. My college's spring break is always later than most. It's actually one week earlier this year, though. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Especially since my birthday is on a Monday this year (spring break usually falls on my birthday).

      3. Yes, I do. That WAS awesome. I've been thinking of that quite a bit lately, actually. Best thing ever!

      Delete
  3. Yay for Number 8! I am hoping that means you may be able to make it to a certain event taking place on August 5th in Charleston, SC? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you just invite me to attend you and MarySue's wedding?! I don't know what I'll have going on then, or if I'd be able to afford it, but I'd love to try!

      My main reason for staying home this summer (aside from the fact that God told me to) is that I have to take a couple of classes so I can finish my associates by the end of the fall semester.

      Delete
    2. I love weddings! Drinks all around!

      Sorry. I do love weddings, especially those of dear friends, but I'm not expecting any drinks. (Nor am I partaking of any at the moment.) I just have to quote Captain Jack Sparrow from time to time.

      Delete
    3. While we're on the subject of weddings...I'm going to one this weekend. I can count on one hand how many I've been to, but I sure am excited!

      Delete
    4. Really? I've been in several weddings and have attended exponentially more. Coincidentally, I was actually reminiscing today about the weddings I've been in. Good times. I blame my big family.

      Enjoy yourself!

      Delete
  4. We haven't actually sent out the invitations yet, and still have to nail down exactly the number of ppl vs the long list of ppl we have to wade through, but we would like to invite a small number of the Downhomies that we've known the longest and been closest (as in friendship, not geographic location lol). I can't say for sure how many of you guys we can invite yet, but our hope is to try to invite some of you guys, and you'll both likely get one.

    ReplyDelete

comments make me smile. :)