Monday, April 4, 2011

monday musings and happies.

Sorry for the break. It was totally unexpected, but I was on Spring Break last week and just needed it, I guess.

I love the times when I have some much to blog about that I don't know where to start, but I'll start with today because it really has been a magnificent day.

Today was my first day back to classes after Spring Break, and I was totally dreading it. I was expecting it to be miserable. 

Until this afternoon happened...




I knew that my friend Jason Gray was sending me his new EP in the mail for my birthday (which was this past Saturday), and was expecting to get it today. Except that when I got the mail today there were TWO packages in the mail with my name on them. One from Jason Gray and one from my friend Breann. Hello! I mean...what the heck?! Breann sent me an Andrew Peterson and Eric Peters CD for my birthday. She provided the sweetest note, too. 

It's days like today and this past weekend as a whole that make me feel so blessed.

Today could have very well been a miserable day if I had allowed it to be, but God knew that I would need a pick-me-up, and provided it through these two sweet people. I'm so blown away by the ways that God is so involved in the details and knows exactly what we need before we ever do. Now I feel like it's possible to get through the next three and a half weeks until the semester is over.

I'm blessed and so so grateful for every single one of my friends. I love every single one of you. Thank you for being shining lights in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Ha... I blamed my lack of blogging on spring break too. And I technically don't even get one! =)

    this is great though. Really great. I'm glad your day turned around... fun mail will do that. Yay for extended birthdays!

    ReplyDelete

comments make me smile. :)