Thursday, June 28, 2012

joy in simplicity.

Taken April 2009 on a local beach.

I've had this little spot on the internet for over four years. I've been trying to figure out what I really want to convey here for a long time now. I've tried a little bit of this, a little bit of that, but it always seems as though I can never stick with it. I've questioned whether I should even have a blog over and over again, and have come *this* close to deleting it all together, but there's something in the back of my mind that always tells me to stick it out. 

Well, I think I've finally figured how what I want this little blog to be. It's been long enough, right?

I had my "Aha!" moment a few days ago as I was browsing around the internet. I kind of kicked myself after I had it, because what I want this blog to be about has been right in front of my face all this time. It's in the name. joy in simplicity.  

What I want for this blog to portray is exactly what the blog name is already saying. Finding joy in the simple and small things during each day. Taking a moment to find beauty in the flowers on the side of the road, the birds chirping, the bright blue skies, the breezes, the afternoon rain showers, the rainbows, the smiles and laughter from the dear ones in life, sweet words of loving kindness. Blessings. And sharing those blessings with others around me and enriching their lives.  

Life can really get you down. I tend to let life get me down more often than I'd like admit. It can be difficult sometimes to find beauty in the every day when there are so many depressing things surrounding us. It's a beautiful challenge to find the things in life that make us happy and seek them out with all of our heart, mind and soul. 

My biggest prayer for my blog has always been that God would use my words or my stories to encourage someone who needed it at that moment in time. The internet is huge, anyone can find this place and read my little stories. It is their choice what they take away from what I write. I pray they leave encouraged and that it somehow trickles down to the people around them. 

This is my prayer. Lord, hear it. Use it. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make me smile. :)