Tuesday, July 10, 2012

lately.

 Beach trip with my mom.
 Being goofy with Gina.
 Learning how to play guitar.
 Fourth of July.

This is coming soon!

__________________________________________________________________________________

There's been a lot of stuff happening lately. A lot to keep me busy. A lot to bring a smile to my face. And certainly a lot to remind me of how blessed I really am.

01. Last monday my Mom and I were dragging our feet around the house, wiping away the sleep from our eyes, when she said, "Want to go to the beach?" Honestly, how could I resist? My schedule was almost completely cleared, so we did just that. We packed a light and healthy lunch, slathered some sunscreen on and hit the beach. It was a gorgeous day. Low tide, quiet, the water was the perfect temperature. Plus, I got to spend it with my mom. She's the best!

02. This past weekend my Floridian born-Michigan living friend Gina was in "town". I say "town" because she lives about an hour south of me, but in "town" is better than in Michigan. I drove down on Friday afternoon, and stayed until Saturday evening. We got caught up on each others lives, played games together, became frustrated from said games, spent time with friends, hit the flea market, sweat until we couldn't sweat anymore, grabbed ice cream, when to the Chik-fil-a, learned some guitar. We had a great time together. It always a great time when I get to hang with Gina and her family.

03. Like I said, Gina taught me how to play a little bit of guitar. It's something I've wanted to learn how to do for a while, but haven't had a guitar to do so. I recently aquired a guitar, so what better time than now to learn?

04. Last week was the 4th! How exciting! I spent most of my day doing homework, but was able to get out for some fun in the afternoon and evening. My church was doing a picnic, so I got to eat some yummy food, and hang out with my good church people. Then I met up with some friends from my young adult bible study group and we went to the city fireworks. My friend Felicia knows some of the city cops, so we were able to get the hook-up and had ourselves some really great seats. We could literally see where the professionals were setting the fireworks off from in the road. It was incredible. And loud. And smoky. And we got rained on by firework debris, but it was still amazing, all the same. Afterward, I went to IHOP with my friends Kelsey and Felicia to keep the party going. It was awkward and weird. And I got really bad heartburn because I ate a bunch of food that I shouldn't have, but other than that, it was a fine night out.

05. The Jason Gray concert that I've been planning is a month and a half away! Crazy! Things have really picked up over the past couple weeks with that, and I am getting pumped. It will be here before I know it. As much work as this whole concert planning gig is, I'll be very sad to see it end. Plus, the planning is part of the fun, right?

Also, I'm taking an oceanography class right now, and last week I got a B on my first test!

The Lord has been blessing me left and right. Not only has he been blessing me, but He's been blessing those around me as well. It's so encouraging to see the hand of God in every little detail. Wow! I'm just blown away. 

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me happy :) Praying that God keeps Satan's tactics at bay as you prep for the concert!!

    PS - Feel free to keep beating me at Scramble... I'm having fun :)

    ReplyDelete

comments make me smile. :)