Friday, July 27, 2012

big news!

Hey everybody! Sorry I've been absent for the past week. I've been working on one blog post, but life is full and new and exciting things keep happening every time I turn around.

As many of you know, I'm getting ready to start my final semester at my local community college. I decided to live at home my first couple of years of college, work on getting my grades up, and cut down on college costs (hahah!). So, by the end of December I'll have my associates degree. But with finishing my associates degree, I obviously needed to start looking for somewhere else to go...right? Well...drum roll, please...


Last Friday I got my acceptance letter in the mail from Southeastern University in Lakeland, FL! It was an exciting day when I got it. I've been working for so long to get to this point, and to finally be here, where I get to take classes for what I really want to do after college, to start getting hands on experience...I feel like I'm finishing some sort of marathon. Although, the real marathon is getting my bachelors degree. So maybe I'm finishing a half-marathon? Either way, it's exciting, and I'm looking forward to moving in January. Yes, I said MOVING! Into a dorm room, no less. That will be an adventure. And hey, I like new adventures!

My mom and I are driving up to Lakeland next Friday to tour the campus and meet with my admissions counselor. I'm excited to see the campus (I've heard it's gorgeous) and start preparing for this next big step. Thanks for being excited with me!

2 comments:

comments make me smile. :)