Tuesday, July 17, 2012

this is a sad day...

My favorite band, downhere, announced today that their touring ministry would be coming to an end starting the first of next year. It's understandable. They have growing families, they've dedicated the past 10 years or so of their lives to touring and playing music night after night. After spending much time around these guys, and others, I know that life is tough on the road. I don't know how they've done it for this long. The thing about these four guys is that they really and truly seek the heart of God out in all of the decisions that they make before they act upon them. There is a time and season for everything. This one has an ending that we can all see now, and a new season will be beginning shortly. Please join me in praying for Jason, Marc, Glenn and Jeremy as the Lord guides their steps down these new roads each of them will be walking. All things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose...Romans 8:27-29

On a personal note, I am still gathering my thoughts on this. I hope to post my story about how downhere's ministry changed my life very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Can we post your story on C-Nation too? I would love to see people write their stories so we can encourage the boys and one another during this time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am very bummed to hear this. I only recently discovered them. I will surely miss them and lift them up in prayer also.

    ReplyDelete

comments make me smile. :)